1.2 “Personal Data” or “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organization has or likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include name, identification number, contact information, delivery address, billing address, payment information and email address.
2. WHEN WILL thespring.online COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
2.1 We will/may collect personal data about you:
(a) When you register and/or use our Services or Site, or open an account with us;
(b) When you submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services, whether online or by way of a physical form;
(c) When you enter into an agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
(d) When you interact with us, such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
(e) When you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our application or use services on our Website. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our application or Website;
(f) When you carry out transactions through our Services;
(g) When you provide us with feedback or complaints;
(h) When you register for a contest; or
(i) When you submit your personal data to us for any reason.
The above does not purport to be exhaustive and sets out some common instances of when personal data about you may be collected.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WILL thespring.online COLLECT?
3.1 The personal data that thespring.online may collect includes but is not limited to:
- Email address;
- Date of birth;
- Telephone number;
- Billing Address;
- Delivery Address;
- Payment Details;
- Any other information about the User when the User signs up to use our Services or Website, and when the User uses the Services or Website, as well as information related to how the User uses our Services or Website; and
- Aggregate data on content the User engages with.
3.2 If you do not want us to collect the aforementioned information/personal data, you may opt out at any time by notifying our Data Protection Officer in writing.
4. SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT
In order to use certain services or features of the Services, you will need to create a user account which requires you to submit certain personal data that is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. When you register and create an account, we require you to provide us with your name and email address as well as a user name of your choice. We will also request for certain information about yourself such as your telephone number, email address, shipping address, photo identification, age, date of birth, gender and interests. Upon activating an account, you will select a user name and password. Your user name and password will be used so you can securely access and maintain your account.
5. VIEWING WEB PAGES
As with most websites, your computer sends information which may include personal data about you that gets logged by a web server when you browse our Site. This typically includes without limitation your computer’s IP address, operating system, browser name/version, the referring web page, requested page, date/time, and sometimes a “cookie” (which can be disabled using your browser preferences) to help the site remember your last visit. If you are logged in, this information is associated with your personal account. The information is also included in anonymous statistics to allow us to understand how visitors use our Site.
6.1 We may from time to time implement “cookies” or other features to allow us or third parties to collect or share information that will help us improve our Site and the Services we offer, or help us offer new services and features. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your computer or device and tell us how and when the Services or Website are used or visited, by how many people and to track movements within our Website. We may link cookie information to personal data. Cookies also link to information regarding what items you have selected for purchase and pages you have viewed. This information is used to keep track of your shopping cart, for example. Cookies are also used to deliver content specific to your interest and to monitor website usage.
7. VIEWING AND DOWNLOADING CONTENT AND ADVERTISING
As with browsing web pages, when you watch content and advertisements and access other software on our Site or through the Services, most of the same information is sent to us (including, without limiting, IP Address, operating system, etc.); but, instead of page views, your computer sends us information on the content, advertisement viewed and/or software installed by the Services and the website and time.
8. COMMUNITY & SUPPORT
We provide customer service support though email. In order to provide customer service support, we will ask for your email address and mobile phone number. We will only use information received from customer support requests, including, without limitation, email addresses, for customer support services and we do not transfer to or share this information with any third parties.
From time-to-time, we may request information from Users via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose your information to us. Information requested may include, without limitation, contact information (such as your email address), and demographic information (such as interests or age level). Survey information will be used for the purpose of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Services and will not be transferred to third parties, other than our contractors who help us to administer or act upon the survey.
10. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US?
10.1 We may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
• To consider and/or process your application/transaction with us or your transactions or communications with third parties via the Services;
• To manage, operate, provide and/or administer your use of and/or access to our Services and our website, as well as your relationship and user account with us;
• To manage, operate, administer and provide you with as well as to facilitate the provision of our Services, including, without limitation, remembering your preferences;
• To tailor your experience through the Services by displaying content according to your interests and preferences, providing a faster method for you to access your account and submit information to us and allowing us to contact you, if necessary;
• To respond to, process, deal with or complete a transaction and/or to fulfill your requests for certain products and services and notify you of service issues and unusual account actions;
• To enforce our Terms of Service or any applicable end user license agreements;
• To protect personal safety and the rights, property or safety of others;
• For identification and/or verification;
• To deal with or facilitate customer service, carry out your instructions, deal with or respond to any enquiries given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf;
• To contact you or communicate with you via voice call, and/or email and/or postal mail or otherwise for the purpose of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our Services, such as but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to our Services. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by way of the mailing of correspondence, documents or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages;
• To conduct research, analysis and development activities (including, but not limited to, data analysis, surveys, product and service development and/or profiling), to analyse how you use our Services, to improve our Services or products and/or to enhance your customer experience;
• To allow for audits and surveys to, among other things, validate the size and composition of our target audience, and understand their experience with our Services;
Where you give us your prior consent, for marketing and in this regard, to send you by various modes of communication such aspostal mail, email, location-based services or otherwise, marketing and promotional information and materials relating to products and/or services (including, without limitation, products and/or services of third parties whom thespring.online (and/or its affiliates or related corporations) may be selling, marketing or promoting, whether such products or services exist now or are created in the future.
• To respond to legal processes or to comply with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction, including, without limitation, meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on The Spring Online Marketplace or on its related corporations or affiliates;
• To produce statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
• To carry out due diligence or other screening activities (including, without limitation, background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
• To audit our Services or thespring.online’s business;
• To prevent or investigate any actual or suspected violations of our Terms of Service, fraud, unlawful activity, omission or misconduct, whether relating to your use of our Service or any other matter arising from your relationship with us;
• To store, host, back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside of your jurisdiction;
• To deal with and/or facilitate a business asset transaction or a potential business asset transaction, where such transaction involves thespring.online as a participant or involves only a related corporation or affiliate of thespring.online as a participant or involves thespring.online and/or any one or more of thespring.online’s related corporations or affiliates as participant(s), and there may be other third party organisations who are participant(s), and there may be other third party organisations who are participants in such transaction. A “business asset transaction” refers to the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of an organization or a portion of an organization or of any of the business or assets of an organization; and/or
• Any other purpose which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent (collectively, the “Purposes”).
10.2 You acknowledge, consent and agree that thespring.online may access, preserve and disclose your Account information and Content if required to do so by law or pursuant to an order of a court or by any governmental or regulatory authority having jurisdiction over thespring.online or in good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
• Comply with legal process;
• Comply with a request from any governmental or regulatory authority having jurisdiction over thespring.online;
• Respond to any threatened or actual claims asserted against thespring.online or other claim that any Content violates the rights of third parties;
• Respond to your requests for customer service; or
• Protect the rights, property or personal safety of thespring.online, its users and/or the public.
10.3 As the purposes for which we will/may collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of the applicable data without your consent is permitted by the Privacy Laws.
11. HOW DOES thespring.online PROTECT AND RETAIN CUSTOMER INFORMATION:
11.1 We implement a variety of security measures and strive to ensure the security of your personal data on our systems. User personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems. However, there can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security.
12. DOES thespring.online DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION I COLLECTS FROM ITS VISITORS TO OUTSTIDE PARTIES?
12.1 In conducting our business, we will/may need to disclose your personal data to our third-party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third parties, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third-party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations and/or other third parties would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third parties include, without limitation:
• Our subsidiaries, affiliates and related corporations;
• Contractors, agents, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. These include but are not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres;
• A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of thespring.online’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by thespring.online about our Service Users are among the assets transferred; or to a counterparty in a business asset transaction that thespring.online or any of its affiliates or related corporations are involved in; and
• Third parties to whom disclosure by us is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing your personal data for one or more of the Purposes.
12.2 This may require, among other things, share statistical and demographic information about our Users and their use of the Services with suppliers of advertisements and programming.
12.3 For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that Privacy Laws or other applicable laws permit an organization such as us to collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent, such permission granted by the laws shall continue to apply.
12.4 Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access personal data transmitted to or contained on the site, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information through no fault of ours. We will nevertheless deploy reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data as required by the Privacy Laws; however there can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security such as but not limited to when unauthorized disclosures arises from malicious and sophisticated hacking by malcontents through no fault of ours.
13. INFORMATION ON CHILDREN
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal data or non-personally-identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 nor is any part of our Site or other Services directed to children under the age of 13. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow such children under your care to submit personal data to thespring.online. In the event that personal data of a child under the age of 13 in your care is disclosed to thespring.online, you hereby consent to the processing of the child’s personal data and accept and agree to be bound by this Policy on behalf of such child. We will close any accounts used exclusively by such children and will remove and/or delete any personal data we believe was submitted without any parental consent by any child under the age of 13. We reserve the right to only accept orders from those over 18.
14. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES
14.2 We, and third parties, may from time to time make software applications download available for your use on or through the Services. These applications may separately access, and allow a third party to view, your identifiable information, such as your name, your user ID, your computer’s IP Address or other information such as any cookies that you may previously have installed or that were installed for you by a third party software application or website. Additionally, these applications may ask you to provide additional information directly to third parties. Third party products or services provided through these applications are not owned or controlled by The Spring April Online Marketplace. You are encouraged to read the terms and other policies published by such third parties on their websites or otherwise.
15. DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY AND THIRD-PARTY SITES
15.1 WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA AND/OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE ON THIRD PARTY SITES. We do implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal data that is in our possession or under our control. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the personal data confidential. When you place orders or access your personal data, we offer the use of a secure server. All personal data or sensitive information you supply is encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
15.2 In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may choose various third-party websites to link to, and frame within, the Site. We may also participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer e-commerce and other services and features to our visitors. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies as well as security arrangements. Even if the third party is affiliated with us, we have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of us. Data collected by our co-brand partners or third-party web sites (even if offered on or through our Site) may not be received by us.
15.3 We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content, security arrangements (or lack thereof) and activities of these linked sites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and the links placed upon each of them and therefore welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including, without limitation, if a specific link does not work).
16. HOW CAN YOU WITHDRAW CONSENT, REQUEST ACCESS TO OR CORRECT INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US
16.1 Withdrawing Consent
16.1.1 To modify your email subscriptions, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to email production schedules, you may still receive emails that are already in production.
16.1.3 Once we have your clear withdrawal instructions and verified your identity, we will process your request for withdrawal of consent, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request. If we are unable to verify your identity or understand your instructions, we will liaise with you to understand your request.
16.1.4 However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regards, depending on the extend of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue providing the Services to you, we may need to terminate your existing relationship and/or the contract you have with us, etc., as the case may be, which we will inform you of.
16.2 Requesting Access and/or Correction of Personal Data
16.2.1 If you have an account with us, you may personally access and/or correct your personal data currently in our possession or control through the Account Settings page on the Site. If you do not have an account with us, you may request to access and/or correct your personal data currently in our possession or control by submitting a written request to us. We will need sufficient information from you in order to ascertain your identity as well as the nature of your request so as to be able to process your request. Please submit your written request by sending an email to email@example.com.
16.2.2 For the request to access personal data, once we have sufficient information from you to process your request, we will seek to provide you with the relevant personal data within thirty (30) days (or, if you are a resident in Malaysia, twenty-one (21) days). Where we are unable to respond to you within the said thirty (30) days (or, if you are a resident in Malaysia, twenty-one (21) days), we will notify you of the soonest possible time within which we can provide you with the information requested. Please note that Privacy laws may exempt certain types of personal data from being subject to your access request.
16.2.3 We reserve the right to refuse to correct your personal data in accordance with the provisions as set out in Privacy Laws, where they require and/or entitle an organization to refuse to correct personal data in stated circumstances.
17. QUESTIONS, CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS? CONTACT US
17.1 If you have questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices or your dealings with the Services, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
17.2 If you have any complaint or grievance regarding our handling of your personal data or compliance with Privacy Laws, we welcome you to contact us with your complaint or grievance.
Please contact us through email with your complaint or grievance:
Email: email@example.com and Attention it to the “Personal Data Protection Officer”.
Please send all legal notices to firstname.lastname@example.org and attention it to the “General Counsel”.
17.3 where it is an email or a letter through which you are submitting a complaint, your indication at the subject header that it is a Privacy Law complaint would assist us in attending to your complaint speedily by passing it on to the relevant staff in our organization to handle. For example, you could insert the subject header as “Privacy Complaint”.
We will certainly strive to deal with any complaint or grievance that you may have fairly and as soon as possible.
18. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please also read the Terms of Service establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of the Site and the Services and other related policies.